Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adventure 42

The Atheist's Song

I am the Forgotten One
The real Forgotten One
Without any Lineage
Without any Heroes
Without any Past

I did not fight any bloody battle
Nor crucify a Saint
I did not spill some goddamn blood
For a God that really ain't

I am humiliated in my school
And made to chant their hymns
While my rational beliefs
Are dismissed as mere whims

I see big temples in the hills
And churches by the sea
Majestic masjids on the sands
But no sanctum for me

Forms ask for my religion
Am I Hindu, Muslim or Sikh
Maybe I'm a Buddhist (they say)
Or maybe Catholic

In forms I fill up religion
Because they say I must
While zealots all around my town
Spill blood on sand and dust

I swear in courts by their Books
But believe in none of them
I wince in silent agony
When bigots cause mayhem

I am the Forgotten One
The real Forgotten One
Without any Lineage
Without any Heroes
Without any Past


1 comment:

simplypsychics said...

Great blog love the post keep up the good work.... I'll be back....

Please check out my website http://simply-psychics.co.uk/psychic_directory/