Thursday, December 03, 2009

Adventure 48

Open letter to Richard Dawkins

Here is an email I wrote to Richard Dawkins (to the email addresses available on his website), especially as he has provided a separate contact email address for reporting design issues.
Website URL: http://www.richarddawkins.net

tocontact@richarddawkins.net
ccdesign@richarddawkins.net
dateThu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:01 PM
subject Please change your website design: Resembles a televangelist's website





Dear Mr. Dawkins

I have been very impressed by your talks and have read a little bit of your works. However, when I visited your website, I was grossly disappointed by its design. As an atheist and opponent of religion, especially religious fanaticism and chicanery of any kind, I would like to point out that your website has a very "American-Televangelist-Biblical" look and feel. It has your picture with an ocean and blue skies as a background, similar to a lot of fraudulent televangelists out there. Even the sidelines advertise your books in a way typical of several religious cults. For the world's best-known living atheist, that's not a very good thing.
For example, here is the site of Benny Hinn (whose name you must have no doubt heard).
http://www.bennyhinn.org/default.cfm
I hope you take my comments in the right spirit.

Hoping for a new-look website advertising your ideas,
Yours Sincerely
Prithwiraj Mukherjee

2 comments:

karatalaamalaka said...

i wonder if his website is an elaborate attempt at parodying evangelists. but then, richard dawkins is usually a serious man. satire is not his style.

simplypsychics said...

Great blog love the post keep up the good work.... I'll be back....

Please check out my website www.simply-psychics.com/